What to Do if Injured on the Job

Report your injury to your union business agent. It is imperative you report any injury to your foreman, supervisor and union steward.

Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses, as well as the name of their employer.

Get copies of the union steward's report recording your accident. You may get this from the steward or from your union hall.

Get copies of all accident reports and workers disability compensation forms. (Form 100, Report of Injury)

Take photos of the accident scene. (Use a cellular phone camera if necessary.)

Report serious construction site injuries to the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) at (517) 322-1856 or (800) 866-4674.

Report serious general industry injuries to the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) at (517) 322-1831 or (800) 866-4674.

What We Do if You Are Injured on the Job

Call Neil A. Miller, P.C. at (800) 626-3171 for additional information on procedures to follow in the event of an on the job injury. In every serious injury case it is important to get an experienced attorney involved immediately.

Evidence must be preserved immediately. Lost or "missing" evidence may mean you lose your claim. The places and things involved in your accident need to be surveyed and photographed by a professional photographer with experience in evidence photography.

Witnesses need to be interviewed, while the facts are fresh in their minds and before memories fade and important evidence is lost.

Defective, broken or failed injury causing equipment needs to be preserved, inspected, photographed and evaluated by an engineer before it is repaired, moved to a different job site, or "disappears."

Let us evaluate your claim and recommend a course of action. Call us now at (800) 626-3171 for an appointment.